Tuesday, September 18, 2012

NYC skyline

I found myself in New York City on the anniversary of 9/11.  The place that I was staying was directly across the Hudson River from Ground Zero.

What was I to do?

The same thing as about 50 other photographers, capture a city nightscape incorporating the under-construction Freedom Tower and the World Trade Centre tribute.

I don't do a lot of night photography, so I took a lot of shots at many different settings.  Quite honestly, back in my film days, this outing would probably have been a bust.  Thank you histogram!  Getting New York City to stand still for a 30 second exposure isn't easy either.  Planes, ferries and other boaters all needed to step aside for a moment.

But, I am pretty happy with the results.

Nikon D3, 28-105mm lens at 60mm, ISO 200, f/16, 30s



No comments:

Post a Comment